ANDREW D. HAGAR, MD
Specialty: Total Joint Surgery
>Hoag Orthopedic Institute, Irvine, CA - Adult Reconstruction Hip and Knee Fellow
>Tufts Medical Center Orthopaedic Surgery Residency Program, Boston, MA - Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery
>University of Colorado School of Medicine - Doctor of Medicine
>University of Rochester - Bachelor of Science, Biomedical engineering
Certifications & Affiliations
Professional AssociationsAmerican Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
New England Orthopaedic Society
American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Henry Banks Outstanding Chief Resident Award, Tufts Affiliated Hospitals Orthopaedics
- Academic Merit Scholarship, University of Colorado School of Medicine
Presentations & Publications
- Hagar A, Fang C, Dannenbaum J, Smith E, Bono J, Talmo CT. Reducing Narcotic Usage With 0.5% Bupivicaine Periarticular Injections in Total Knee Arthroplasty. Journal of Arthroplasty. May 2022 Vol 37 p851-856. PMID: 35065215
- Miller TM, Fang C, Hagar A, Anderson M, Gad B, Talmo CT. Combined treatment of intraoperative cell-salvage and tranexamic acid for primary unilateral total hip arthroplasty: Are there added benefits? J. Orthop Sci. 2020 Dec 16:S0949-2658(20)30347-X. PMID: 33341356.
- Fang C, Hagar A, Gordon M, Talmo CT, Mattingly DA, Smith EL. Differences in Hospital Costs among Octogenarians and Nonagenarians Following Primary Total Joint Arthroplasty. Geriatrics (Basel). 2021 Mar 9;6(1):26. PMID: 33803233
- Surgical Insights: Taking Orthopaedic Trauma Call - Adult Forearm Fractures. AAOS Textbook and Course. Hagar, Andrew; McGuinness, Andrew; Hoffman, Jennifer. February 2021. learn.aaos.org
- Adductor canal block provides minimal benefit in addition to periarticular injection in TKA. Hagar, Andrew; Fang, Christopher; Dannenbaum, Joseph; Narius, James; Bono, James; Talmo, Carl. Presented at AAOS Annual Meeting, Summer 2021 and selected for presentation at the Adult Reconstruction: Knee Poster Tour at AAOS.
- Should Post-Call Surgeons Operate the Next Day? Anderson, Eliza; Hagar, Andrew; Ryan, Scott; Tornetta, Paul III. Presented at AAOS Annual Meeting, Summer 2021.
- Use of Patient Reported Outcome Measures in Lower Extremity Orthopaedic Trauma. Hagar, A; Mauffrey, Cyril. Presented at the Annual Senior Research Symposium, University of Colorado Department of Orthopaedics Annual Resident Research Meeting, February 2017.
- Total joint replacement in underserved populations in Denver: outcomes and complications. Goodyear, Adam; Hagar, Andrew; Hammerberg, Mark. Presented at the University of Colorado Department of Orthopaedics Annual Resident Research Meeting. February 2017.
- Fluid Dynamics Models of Total Cavopulmonary Connections in Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome Patients. Hagar, Andrew; Cistrone, Christopher; Kotelsky, Alexander; Waugh, Richard. Presented at the University of Rochester Biomedical Engineering Senior Design Symposium, May 2012
Personal Interests and Hobbies
Hiking, swimming, fly fishing, woodworking/furniture making, and antique tool restoration.
« Back to Physician Search