G. CHRISTIAN VORYS, MD
Specialty: Sports Medicine
> Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA - Fellowship - Orthopaedic Surgery, Sports Medicine
> Columbia University, New York, NY - Residency - Orthopaedic Surgery
> Columbia University, New York, NY - Internship - General Surgery
> Columbia University, New York, NY - Doctor of Medicine
> Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH - Bachelor of Science - Engineering Sciences
> University of Texas, Austin, TX - Chemical Engineering
Certifications & Affiliations
Board Certified - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
American Medical Association
American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Arthroscopy Association of North America
Presentations & Publications
- Levy DM, Metzl JA, Vorys GC, Levine WN, Ahmad CS, Bigliani LU. Clinical and Radiographic Outcomes of Total Shoulder Arthroplasty With a Hybrid Dual-Radii Glenoid Component. Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ). 2017 Nov/Dec;46(6):E366-E373. PMID: 29309451.
- Vorys GC, Bai H, Chandhanayingyong C, Lee CH, Compton JT, Caldwell JM, Gardner TR, Mao JJ, Lee FY. Optimal internal fixation of anatomically shaped synthetic bone grafts for massive segmental defects of long bones. Clin Biomech. 2015 Dec;30(10):1114-8. PubMed PMID: 26386637.
- Cadet ER, Chan AK, Gardner T, Vorys GC, Yin B. Investigation of the preservation of the “Fluid Seal” effect in repaired, partially-resected, and reconstructed acetabular labrum in a cadaveric hip model. Am J Sports Med. 2012 Oct;40(10):2218-23. PubMed PMID: 22962293.
- Cadet ER, Vorys GC, Rahman R, Park SH, Gardner TR, Lee FY, Levine WN, Bigliani LU, Ahmad CS. Improving bone density at the rotator cuff footprint increases supraspinatus tendon failure stress in a rat model. J Orthop Res. 2010 Mar;28(3):308-14. PubMed PMID: 19743506.
- Ahmad CS, Galano GJ, Vorys GC, Covey AS, Gardner TR, Levine WN. Evaluation of glenoid capsulolabral complex insertional anatomy and restoration with single and double-row capsulolabral repairs. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2009 Nov-Dec;18(6):948-54. Epub 2009 Jul 9. PubMed PMID: 19546012.
- Ahmad CS, Vorys GC, Covey A, Levine WN, Gardner TR, Bigliani LU. Rotator cuff repair fluid extravasation characteristics are influenced by repair technique. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2009 Nov-Dec;18(6):976-81. Epub 2009 Mar 17. PubMed PMID:19297198.
- Bahu MJ, Trentacosta N, Vorys GC, Covey AS, Ahmad CS. Multidirectional instability: evaluation and treatment options. Clin Sports Med. 2008 Oct;27(4):671-89. Review. PubMed PMID: 19064150.
- Bemis DL, Capodice JL, Costello JE, Vorys GC, Katz AE, Buttyan R. The use of herbal and over-the-counter dietary supplements for the prevention of prostate cancer. Curr Urol Rep. 2006 May;7(3):166-74. Review. PubMed PMID: 16630519.
- Bemis DL, Capodice JL, Costello JE, Vorys GC, Katz AE, Buttyan R. The use of herbal and over-the-counter dietary supplements for the prevention of prostate cancer. Curr Oncol Rep. 2006 May;8(3):228-36. Review. PubMed PMID: 16618388.
- Mallory TH, Lombardi AV Jr, Leith JR, Fujita H, Hartman JF, Capps SG, Kefauver CA, Adams JB, Vorys GC. Why a taper? J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2002;84-A Suppl 2:81-9. Erratum in: J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003 Jun;85-A(6):1118. PubMed PMID: 12479343.
- Mallory TH, Lombardi AV Jr, Leith JR, Fujita H, Hartman JF, Capps SG, Kefauver CA, Adams JB, Vorys GC. Minimal 10-year results of a tapered cementless femoral component in total hip arthroplasty. J Arthroplasty. 2001 Dec;16(8 Suppl 1):49-54. PubMed PMID: 11742451.
- Hanying Bai, PhD, Thomas R. Gardner, MCE, Chandhanarat Chandhanayingyong, MD, George C. Vorys, MD, Saqib Nizami, BS, Chang H. Lee, PhD, Jeremy J. Mao, DDS, PhD, Francis Y. Lee, M.D. Ph.D. “Comparison of PCL-HA Scaffolds to Allografts for Implantation in Critical Size Segmental Tibial Defects in a Canine Model”. ORS Annual Meeting. New Orleans, LA. March 2014.
- Edwin R. Cadet, MD, Andrew K. Chan, ScB, Thomas R. Gardner, MCE, George C. Vorys, MD, Bob Yin, MD. “Investigation of the Preservation of the Acetabular “Fluid Seal Effect” in Repaired, Debrided and Reconstructed Labral Tears: A Cadaveric Hip Model”. ORS Annual Meeting. Long Beach, CA. January 2011..
- Vorys GC, Covey AS, Gardner TR, Levine WN, Bigliani LU, Ahmad CS. “Rotator Cuff Repair Site Permeation is Influenced by Repair Technique”. Presented at:a. Doris Duke Charitable Foundation Clinical Research Fellows Meeting 2008, Philadelphia, PA, May 27-29, 2008.b. Eastern Atlantic Student Research Forum, Miami, FL, February 27th-March1,2008.c. Annual Northeast Fellows’ Day Conference 2008. U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY. (presented by Aaron Covey, Columbia University Shoulder, Elbow, and Sports Medicine Fellow).
- Mallory TH, Lombardi AV Jr, Leith JR, Hartman JF, Capps SG, Kefauver CA, Adams JB, Vorys GC. “Why a Taper?”. AAOS Annual Meeting. Dallas, TX February 2002.