BRENDAN T. HIGGINS, MD, MS
Specialty: Sports Medicine & Hip Preservation
Orthopaedic Surgery Center-Concord
Orthopaedic Surgery Center-Derry
>The Steadman Clinic/Steadman Philippon Research Institute, Vail, CO - Fellowship, Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
>Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, Lebanon, NH - Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery
>The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy & Clinical Practice, Lebanon, NH - Master of Science, Health Leadership
>Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, DC - Doctor of Medicine
>United States Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD - Bachelor of Science
Certifications & Affiliations
Presentations & Publications
Dr. Higgins speaks about ACL injuries, prevention and his work with US Ski and Snowboard.
- Altinas B, Pitta R, Fritz E, Higgins B, Millett P. Technique for Type IV Superior Labrum Anterior and Posterior (SLAP) Lesion Repair. Arthroscopy Techniques: The Journal of Arthroscopic and Related Surgery. 2018:7(4):337-342.
- Barlow D, Higgins B, Ozanne E, Tosteson A, Pearson A. Cost Effectiveness Analysis of Operative vs. Non-Operative Treatment of Geriatric Type-II Odontoid Fractures. Spine. 2016:41(7):610-617.
- Higgins BT, McNeil MG, Ames JB. Osseous Regrowth at the Head/Neck Junction after Arthroscopic Labral Repair and Osteochondroplasty in the Treatment of Femoroacetabular Impingement. Dartmouth Orthopaedic Journal. 2015(2):46-50.
- Higgins BT, Barlow DR, Heagerty NE, Lin TJ. Anterior vs. Posterior Approach for Total Hip Arthroplasty, A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. J Arthroplasty. 2015;30(3):419-434.
- Higgins BT, Teixeira RP, Johnson AR, Carrino JA, McFarland EG. Subscapularis strain from swinging a baseball bat in an adolescent with closed physis. Sports Health. 2011;3(3):283-286.
- Johnson AR, Higgins BT, Teixeira RP, Garzon-Muvdi J, McFarland EG. Proximal biceps tendon tear in an adolescent tennis player. Am J Orthop. 2013;42(3):E18-20
- Teixeira RP, Johnson AR, Higgins BT, Carrino JA, McFarland EG. Fly fishing-related lesser tuberosity avulsion in an adolescent. Orthopedics. 2012;35(5):e748-751.
- Evidence in FAI Syndrome. International Society for Hip Arthroscopy. ISHA Madrid 2019.
- Biceps Tenodesis: Proximal and Distal. American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. AOSSM Cutting Edge 2019.
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis of Operative vs. Non-Operative Treatment of Geriatric Type-II Odontoid Fractures. Cervical Spine Research Society Annual Meeting.
- Anterior vs. Posterior Approach for Total Hip Arthroplasty, A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. International Congress of Joint Reconstruction Pan Pacific Meeting.
- The ACL: Anatomy, Function, Mechanism for Injury and Injury Prevention. Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy.
- ACL Injury Prevention Programs. Steadman Philippon Research Institute Grand Rounds.
- A History of Military Orthopaedics. DHMC Orthopaedic Grand Rounds.
Dr. Higgins with US Olympic Team
members Alice Merryweather, Stacey Cook,
Alice McKennis and Breezy Johnson (L to R), while providing medical coverage
during pre-season training in Chile.
Dr. Higgins with Mikaela Shiffrin (front row center) and the US Ski Team, while providing medical coverage for the 2019 Lienz World Cup in Austria.
Interests / Hobbies